CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY & SUSTAINABILITY
CQC is committed to operating in a fiscally responsible manner while minimizing our impact on the environment and making positive contributions in the communities in which we operate as we pursue our goal of being your preferred supplier of chocolate and confectionery coatings. Our Corporate Social Responsibility Program is composed of three pieces: Planet, People, Profit.
At CQC, growth is pursued with consideration for the environment. We aim to conduct our business in a way that demonstrates environmental responsibility and stewardship. All of our facilities proudly participate in waste reduction efforts. We work with our teams to develop new ways to reduce food and material waste.
Examples of our achievements to date include:
- Installed a closed-loop water cooling system that reduces water use by 40 million gallons annually - enough to fill 60 Olympic sized pools.
- Implemented a more robust recycling program that diverts over 150 tons from landfills each year.
- Installed LED lights that reduce carbon emissions by 125,000 pounds per year - equivalent to removing 12 cars from the road for one year.
As we look into the future, we are doing more to:
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Further cut down on solid waste
- Minimize water used to process our product
- Move away from traditional energies towards green energy where feasible
At CQC, we take care of our employees and the communities in which we do business. We are a family owned business and we live our core values of integrity, commitment, respect, and flexibility.
Here are a few ways we demonstrate our values:
- Our employees are encouraged to give back to the community through paid volunteer days. We proudly serve many organizations including Second Harvest Food Bank, Toys for Tots, and Habitat for Humanity.
- We give back as a company by donating to numerous charitable organizations. We also encourage our employees to donate by offering a match program for their personal donations to their favorite organizations.
- Each CQC facility has completed SMETA (SEDEX Members Ethical Trade Audit) and is recognized by SEDEX as a safe place to work.
With profitable, sustainable growth, CQC invests in developing and rewarding our people and building our capabilities to offer superior products and service to our customers.
Sustainable Palm Oil
- CQC is a proud member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). As a member, we contribute to the production of certified sustainable palm oil.
- We support programs and organizations that focus on solving industry challenges such as reducing carbon emissions and deforestation, while also giving consideration to individuals and communities affected by growers and mills.
- CQC is a member of the World Cocoa Foundation and a supporting member of their Cocoa and Forests Initiative. We strongly believe in a cocoa supply chain that is sustainable for future generations of cocoa farming families.
- We support programs and industry groups that work with farmers directly to improve their business and farming skills, provide tools and information to mitigate environmental concerns, and facilitate access to education.